Sunday, September 20, 2009

chinese and menu


been so busy lately (maybe its all in my mind that im busy? haha), but seriously, the chinese class has been taking an unbelievably huge chunk of my time. the classes are only for four hours, yes, but we also have exams almost everyday. so i have to study, and sometimes i find myself thinking "what did i ever get myself into".

but im not complaining (maybe a bit?). i really want to learn, and right now my admiration for those who speak the language is growing by the minute (seriously). i mean, they have different meanings for every word for crying out loud--and it all depends on the tone on each word. so if you say in chinese "i look like my mom" but will say it with the wrong tone, you might end up saying "i look like my horse". embarrasing right? *sigh*

everyday i find myself missing posting on this blog, and thank god i finally have the time to do it right now after sleeping for almost 24hours (im exhausted, what can i say?).

maybe i'll finally be able to order food in chinese, huh? (and the waiter will then give me that "she's crazy" look because, well, im in the Philippines and im mumbling gibberish--to him atleast. haha)

3 comments:

  1. ha ha,i guess it happens to everyone when they try to learn different language..and somehow I became great fan of china..food, language and the people..good to hear that you are learning chinese..

    good luck

    ReplyDelete
  2. Giddy up girl.. I am sure you can do it. Dont worry.

    after all I am counting on you to teach me the lingo when you graduate ;)

    ReplyDelete
  3. @eswari--me too..i love everything china..thanks so much..hope i can survive this.haha! :)
    @rohini--thanks rohini..naw, you'll learn the language faster than me im sure..*sigh* :)

    ReplyDelete